About the CAF
The Lobo Wing is the Albuquerque, New Mexico based attachment of the Dallas, Texas based Commemorative Air Force (CAF). The Wing flies and supports a 1942 Fairchild PT-26 Cornell and is restoring a 1941 Beech AT-11 Kansan to flying condition. We have a number of other interesting projects that you may view on the “Projects” page. Please roam around the site and learn more about the Lobo Wing. The Lobo Wing supports all of the objectives of the Commemorative Air Force.
CAF Aims and Purposes
- To acquire, restore, and preserve in flying condition a complete collection of combat aircraft which were flown by all military services of the United States, and selected aircraft of other nations, for the education and enjoyment of present and future generations of Americans.
- To provide museum buildings for permanent protection, maintenance, and display of these historic aircraft, period artifacts, and documents as a tribute to the thousands of men and women who built, serviced and flew them and to build and organize the “Combat Airman Hall of Fame.”
- To perpetuate the spirit in which such combat aircraft were flown in the defense of our nation, in the memory and hearts of all Americans.
- To establish an organization having the dedication, enthusiasm and Esprit de Corps necessary to operate, maintain and preserve these aircraft as symbols of our American Military Aviation Heritage.
- To receive gifts, and grants of money and property of every kind and to administer the same for the purposes here stated, and to do anything necessary or proper for the accomplishment of these purposes; to lease, purchase, hold, have, use, and take possession of and enjoy fee simple or otherwise any personal and real property necessary for the uses and purposes of the corporations; and to sell, lease, alienate, or dispose of the same at the pleasure of the corporation and for the uses and purposes for which said corporation is formed; and to buy and sell real or personal property and to apply the proceeds of the sale, including any and all income, to the uses and purposes of the corporation.
Keep ’em flying!
The Lobo Wing of the Commemorative Air Force is an all-volunteer, non-profit 501(c)3 organization incorporated under Texas laws for charitable and educational purposes.